Two additional electives. These can be additional courses from one of the three clusters listed above, or:
- Course from another department upon approval*
- Transferred from another institution upon approval*
- May include up to one unit of graded EDUC Intensives
- May include up to one unit of graded EDUC 0.5 unit courses
- May include up to one unit of graded 100-level courses
and Community-Engaged Unit: EDUC 290 (.5 unit)
* Complete “Request for Outside Department/Institution Credit” form for approval
After declaration of the major, all courses taken toward the major must be graded (the only exception to this is when credits earned through a Vassar JYA program, such as that in Ireland, are ungraded).
Two 300-level EDUC courses must be completed before, or taken concurrently with, EDUC 302 -303 and EDUC 384 .
A maximum of two units transferred from another institution, including JYA programs, can count toward the major.